Shoes are the essential part of the entire outfit. You cannot look fashionable if you wear outdated shoes regardless of the trendy attire. Every woman needs to have a variety of shoes to choose from in order to match them with her attire.
Shoes are the essential part of the entire outfit. You cannot look fashionable if you wear outdated shoes regardless of the trendy attire. Every woman needs to have a variety of shoes to choose from in order to match them with her attire. But, with so many varieties and options to choose from in the market, it’s often puzzling as to what to choose for your feet and what to avoid.
Here are few guidelines that you should follow when it comes to selecting shoes-
- Select the shoes based on the occasion. It’s simple. You simply cannot go on a date while wearing your slippers like you cannot carry pointed heels when you have to participate in a race. You can always wear nude sandals, flats and heels to keep the eyes on your outfit and not footwear. These are typically worn for work. The textures, patterns or embellished footwear is idle for the time when you want the attention to be on you.
- Always select the shoes based on your dress. When you wear a short skater dress, it is advisable to wear heels and not shoes. Similarly, when you wear cargos and loose baggy top that speaks comfort, you should opt for sneakers and not some pointed heels. You can always go with light straps to make you foot look slimmer and the designer laces to fit snugly ankle.
Shoes take a whole new look with a change in fashion and times. There are various kinds of shoes that enable a woman to look sophisticated. Some of the types are-
- Combat Boots – Combat boots are heavy boots with a grooved flat sole containing rounded toe cap. These can be worn with miniskirts and jeans.
- Sandals – Sandals are the light wear footwear containing open heel and instep. Flip flops are flat and can be worn with shorts and summer dresses to look casual. Buckle strap sandals can be worn with denim shorts and light chiffon dresses.
- Ankle Heels – Pumps are the shoes having closed heels with an open ankle. Ankle heels are like the pumps but they cover the ankle and not the calf. Ankle heels can be worn with skirts, knee length dresses, short leather jackets, skinny jeans and leggings. Gladiators can be worn with jeans, long dresses and even skirts.
- Chukka boots – These have rubber flat soles, suede or leather uppers and have open lacing. They can be worn with casual jeans, cardigan, dresses and skirts of any length.
- Sabots or Clogs – These are thick soled shoes containing open heel while covering the instep and toes. These can be styled with any jeans, light tunics, long dresses, thick fabrics and more.