[slick-slider category=”249″ design=”design-4″]
Women all over have varied body shapes and sizes it is about different body proportions and being stylish is about looking your best working with own body proportions, same dress may or may not look good on everyone. Having said that all body types can be classified into five broad groups – pear, wedge, rectangle, apple and hourglass. You might fall into one category, or you might be a blend of two or more categories
With changing fashion trends, it is difficult to decide which dress to wear and which to avoid. But, keeping the current trend aside, you should always know what looks good on your body and what doesn’t.
- Understand your body shape – Take notice of your curves and observe how they connect to the waist, bust and the hips. Your body takes shape after puberty and not before. Before puberty, your body is still growing and taking shape. Measure your hips, bust and waist and then decide upon the clothes you wear according to your body structure. Since every type is beautiful, there is no best or worst body type- clothes are made to suit each and every individual body type. You need to dress according to your body type.
- Pear Shape / Triangle Shape body –
- Traits : Accentuated by Wider Hips and Thighs, Narrower Shoulders, Wider Bottom and Smaller Bust. So we accentuate the neck, shoulder, arms and waist to find that balance towards your upper body.
- Best Assets : Neck, Shoulder and Arms
- Dos : Fitted Tops with open neck lines, spaghetti tops cowl neck, halter neck, off shoulder tops , Wear Trousers with wide bottoms, light coloured tops with dark coloured bottoms, jackets with waist length or max 3.4 length, pointed shoes
- Wedge Shape / Inverted Triangle Shape
- Traits : Accentuated by Broader Chest and Shoulders, Narrow waist and hips. So we need to work towards accentuating the lower body while downplaying the shoulder and chests
- Best Assets : Waist and legs
- Dos : wear light coloured trousers, fuller skirts, you can try high-waisted trousers, define your waist with belts,
- Banana Shape / rectangle Shape –
- Traits : If you don’t have many curves and your hips and waist have the same size, then you have a banana shape or a straight body shape. You need to highlight your thin part of the waist in order for your hips to look more proportional.
- Best Assets : Slim arms and legs
- Dos : You can try wearing a ruffled top, short jacket with a banded bottom, side cut-out dresses, tapered pants or miniskirts, invest in a good bra that gives you curves, show your slims legs in shorts and minis, Don’t wear long loose clothes that hides your shape
- Apple Shape / Round Shape
- Traits : If you have a lower slim body but have weight in your middle, you have an apple body. You need to lay the focus on your shoulders and legs and take away attention from your waist. Aim is to accentuate the torso and create illusion of waist
- Best Assets : Legs
- Dos : You need to deep neck tops such as V neck, shorter skirts or trousers with cut and flared bottom, belts in lower part of a waist, monochromatic colours seems to go well, conceal tummy bulge with flattering empire tops and dresses that skim your stomach
- Hour Glass Shape :
- Traits : If you have curves with a tiny waist, you have an hourglass shape. You need to emphasise on your curves and play them up.
- Best Assets : Curves, curves and Curves !
- Dos : You can wear belted jackets, crop tops, wrap dresses, wide leg pants with belted waist, pencil skirts and other clothing items that are tight around your waist to lay emphasis on them.