When an invitation sports a “Black Tie” in it, it unequivocally means that the guests have to wear tuxedos to the event. Black tie events are extremely formal and when you wear a wrong attire, you stand out as rude and inappropriate.
What to wear to a Black Tie Event:
- Tuxedo or the black dinner jacket – This is what makes the difference. The thing that makes it different from the usual suit jacket is the material of the lapel which is either silk or satin. Even the buttons are different than the ones found in usual ones. When it comes to colour, the choice has to be restricted to only blacks and midnight navy.
- The Shirt – When it comes to shirts, there should be no pastels or prints. Donning up a white shirt with wing tip collar is the best way to go. You can even go for a shirt with a detachable collar if you want to invest in good money.
- A waistcoat – It is important to know that you cannot show your waist irrespective of your well-maintained physique. You can use a waistcoat or a double-breasted jacket to make sure that your waist remains hidden. You can wear waistcoats with a variety of textures and details. Waistcoats are the only area of the black tie outfit where you can wear something that isn’t white or black.
- Bowtie – If you are not sure about how to tie up a bow tie, you can learn that skill from various online tutorials. Or, you can simply purchase a readily tied bow tie that is available in the market. With the readily tied bow tie, you can simply clip in around your neck.
- Formal shoes – Make sure that your shoes are spotless and shining. Don’t let the dirt settle on them. Black-tie events are posh and having dirty shoes leave a negative impression of you.
- Accessories – Add sophisticated accessories to the entire ensemble for completing the look like square cufflinks, or a formal watch. You can go for leather-strap watch or something subtle.
You can easily carry out a black-tie dress code for any social events that take place after 7 PM in the evening. This would make you look more sophisticated and pristine